Sundays, 10.00 – 11.00 p.m. from 10 June 2012
Nogami Taeko who works at a foreign fund, is tasked by her company president, Machida Kenichi with restructuring an ailing company that has just been bought out. It is Japan Geothermal Development, a small company in the countryside which develops and supplies geothermal energy. Taeko unhappily wonders if she has been demoted, but gets on board to turn the business around. She grills the present company president Ando Koji about the company’s finances, and announces a restructuring plan that will lay off employees and close unprofitable divisions. This causes a furor among employees like Omuro Kojiro, the head of geothermal energy research, whose life has been consumed by years of research. Taeko plunges ahead based on the conviction of rebuilding the business and securing its profitability. However, she soon learns of the thoughts of people like Omuro who believe that they are developing energy for Japan’s future, and gets to know the potential of geothermal power generation. This makes her look hard again at her own role. However, Ryuzaki Daisuke, a shrewd, opportunistic politician, and Udagawa Mitsuhiko, a university professor promoting nuclear energy, stand in the way of Japan Geothermal Development.
* Ono Machiko as Nogami Taeko
* Tanihara Shosuke as Ando Koji
* Ishiguro Ken as Ryuzaki Daisuke
* Tsuda Kanji as Machida Kenichi
* Komoto Masahiro as Tamada Hiro
* Shaku Yumiko as Kuwata Yoko
* Hakamada Yoshihiko as Okita Norio
* Watanabe Ikkei as Okuzumi Junya
* Nagatsuka Kyozo as Omuro Kojiro
* Nishina Akiko as Omuro Chitose
* Osugi Ren as Udagawa Mitsuhiko
All text copyright © jdramas.wordpress.com.